OnePlus has launched new flagship device last month, called OnePlus 5T. The OnePlus 5T comes with a locked bootloader. Here in this article, we will guide you how to unlock OnePlus 5T bootloader. If you want to root your OnePlus 5T, flash custom ROM or install a custom recovery, then your OnePlus 5T must be bootloader unlocked. Follow the step by step article to unlock OnePlus 5T bootloader.
OnePlus 5T comes with 6-inch Optic AMOLED display with 1080 x 2160 pixels of resolution and 18:9 aspect ratio. The device is powered by Octa-core CPU and Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 chipset under the hood. The OnePlus 5T runs on Oxygen OS 4.7 operating system out of the box which is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS. It has 6 GB and 8 GB RAM and 64 GB and 128 GB internal storage variants respectively. It comes with dual 16 megapixel and 20-megapixel camera sensors on the back side. On the front side, it has a 16-megapixel camera.
If you have OnePlus 5T flagship smartphone and planning to install a custom recovery, rooting or install custom ROM, then you have to unlock OnePlus 5T bootloader. Here is simple and step by step guide to unlock OnePlus 5T bootloader. Follow guide step by step or correctly otherwise you may brick your OnePlus 5T. We will not be responsible if anything happens to your device. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged at least up to 60%.
- This tutorial is only for OnePlus 5T. Don’t try it on others devices.
- This process may erase your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot on Your PC or Laptop.
- Make sure you have installed proper OnePlus 5T drivers on your PC or Laptop.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlocks from developer options.
How to Unlock OnePlus 5T Bootloader?
1. Go to the installed ADB and fastboot folder on your PC or Laptop.
2. Enter the folder, now press and hold the shift key and right click of the mouse anywhere in the folder.
3. Now select Open command window here option.
4. Now connect your device to PC or laptop.
5. Now type the following command in command prompt to reboot OnePlus 5T in fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
6. Now, your device in fastboot mode.
7. Now write the following command in command prompt to check the connectivity of the device. If your device connected properly to PC or Laptop, it would show your device serial number.
8. Now write the following command to unlock OnePlus 5T bootloader.
fastboot oem unlock
9. After the processing, your device will reboot.
That’s it. Now your OnePlus 5T bootloader is unlocked. Now, you can root your device, install a custom recovery or install custom ROM.
Please Like, Share and Comment your valuable thoughts 🙂
Thanks for patronizing Ultimate Tech. This post is about, "How to Unlock OnePlus 5T Bootloader?" and last updated on December 11, 2017. I am sure your visit to us must be quite satisfying and in line with your expectations from us. Just in case, it’s not as you expected from us or if you are facing any problem, kindly forward your feedback’s directly to us by leaving a Comment below. And, get assured response from my side. Your feedback’s and suggestions are extremely valuable to us. This Post is written by munendra656. There is not any source, if any, then already mentioned so Copying or using this post’s content for your own site is not allowed. If anyone do so, get ready for facing DMCA. Please, if you like this post then share on your social networking sites. Assuring you of our best service always.