How to Make a Password Reset Disk with USB Drive? There are times that we forget things; it might be your friend’s birthday, an event or a meeting, and most commonly…our passwords. Frustrating right?
For example, if you forgot Windows password, you may start panicking mainly because you can’t access your computer anymore. But here’s a good news, recovering forgotten passwords in Windows Operating System is now easy. How? Let’s dig deeper in this article.
Maybe you’re wondering, especially if you’re not a tech-savvy, what is a password reset disk? Basically, it is a created file and stored on a SD Card or a Removable Disk (USB Drive) which allows you to reset your password once you plugged it in your Windows PC.
The good thing about creating a password reset disk is that you can you it forever! Before we go, it’s a good practice to format USB drive first before using it as a password reset disk. Make sure that there’s no important file stored in the Drive.
Quick Fix #1: Make a Password Reset Disk with UUKeys (Recommended)
This powerful tool is recommended because of its convenient capabilities. UUkeys Windows Password Mate is easy because email or phone numbers are not required when using this software. It is also has the ability to completely remove old passwords from your windows login screen. Here are the easy steps to use it.
1. Using another functioning PC, You can Download the software and install it on your computer. You don’t have to wait hours for the installation process to finish, this software will install in just few minutes. Once the installation is finish, launch the software.
2. Insert SD card or USB flash drive to your PC.
3. Once the software is launched, Click on the dropdown menu and choose the flash drive name. To start copying all the files to the drive, click on Burn USB.
4. You will be prompted to a message saying “Burning Successfully” once the process is finished.
5. Using now the locked computer, insert your drive
6. Launch the boot menu by pressing Del, ESC or F8 key.
7. Choose the Flash drive name and hit Enter.
8. Automatically, you will be prompted to the UUKeys Windows Password Mate screen. Choose the OS and from the middle column, choose main username. Click “Reset Password”.
9. And finally, wait until the software is done resetting your password and click Reboot.
That’s it. Easy right?
Quick Fix #2: Creating a Password Reset Disk (Manually)
The easiest way to recover your password is creating a password reset disk, here are the steps.
1. Plug in your Flash drive in the USB port on your PC or if you don’t have USB Drive, SD Card can be you’re another option.
2. If you’re using Windows 10 (Although, it will work for other Windows OS version too), to show the search bar, Press the + S.
3. Search for User Accounts. Hit enter.
4. Then click the User Accounts result. Like this:
5. You will be prompted to the user accounts form, Choose Create a password reset disk.
6. Click next.
7. Click on the dropdown menu and choose the device or USB flash drive where you want to save the Password reset disk file.
8. Type your current password using your local account password to login into your PC account.
9. Click Next to proceed.
10. You will a progress bar, once it reaches 100%, Click Next to proceed.
11. Click on Finish.
To make sure that no one else’s will access your account and to avoid your USB Drive from losing, Write a label and put it in a safe place.
How to Use Password Reset Disk
Now, you have successfully created a Password reset disk, what’s next, you say? Here are the easy steps.
1. Make sure that you successfully inserted your SD card or Flash Drive into your PC.
2. On your login screen, Click on the reset password.
3. You will be prompted with a dialog box, click on Next.
4. Click on the dropdown menu and choose the device where your created password reset disk file is located.
5. Click Next and start entering your new password.
6. Repeat entering your new password.
7. Choose a password hint.
8. Click on Finish.
Viola! You can now use the new password you just created to access your computer.
The Internet offers tons of solutions from different informative forums on how to recover a forgotten password. Password recovering tips listed above will work for other Windows version such as 7, 8, 8.1, XP, Vista and 2000 as well.
However, a lot of Windows PC users recommend using UUkeys for password reset and recovery processes mainly because it has advanced capabilities that other software can’t provide.
Please Like, Share and Comment your valuable thoughts 🙂
Thanks for patronizing Ultimate Tech. This post is about, "How to Make a Password Reset Disk with USB Drive?" and last updated on November 17, 2017. I am sure your visit to us must be quite satisfying and in line with your expectations from us. Just in case, it’s not as you expected from us or if you are facing any problem, kindly forward your feedback’s directly to us by leaving a Comment below. And, get assured response from my side. Your feedback’s and suggestions are extremely valuable to us. This Post is written by Sponsored Article. There is not any source, if any, then already mentioned so Copying or using this post’s content for your own site is not allowed. If anyone do so, get ready for facing DMCA. Please, if you like this post then share on your social networking sites. Assuring you of our best service always.