This is tutorial about How to Make Partitions for USB Drive in Linux. Nowadays, the size of the USB Drive come in 32 GB up to 1 TB. I have a USB Drive with 1 TB capacity. Now of course, we don’t gonna use all the space of such a large USB just for one partition. We always wanted to create partitions for such USB drive so that we can manage our content better. So here in this tutorial I’m gonna use you the exact simple and correct way to create multiple partitions for your USB Drive without damaging the USB Drive.
Make sure “GParted“, a tool for Linux, is installed in your Linux operating system. I am using Kali Linux 2019.4. GParted comes pre-installed in this version of Kali Linux. However, still if GParted isn’t installed in your Linux OS then all you have to do is just open up Terminal and enter below command to install GParted tool.
sudo apt-get install gparted
Alternatively you can use below command to install and upgrade GParted at same time.
sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install gparted
How to Make Partitions for USB Drive in Linux?
1. Open up GParted tool from applications list. Or, enter below command in Terminal.
2. Select your USB Drive from drop down located at top-right side.
3. Right Click on your USB Drive and click Delete.
4. Now again right click on Unallocated and select New.
5. The partition creator box will pop up now.
6. Enter the size in MB in New Size (MiB) area. Give a Partition Name and Label Name.
7. In the end, Press “+ Add“.
8. Again right-click on Unallocated and follow the same steps.
9. Once Done, click on Apply.
10. It will show you a warning. Press Apply again.
11. It will take few seconds and boom its all done.
12. Click on Close and then close the GParted tool as well.
Please Like, Share and Comment your valuable thoughts 🙂
Thanks for patronizing Ultimate Tech. This post is about, "How to Make Partitions for USB Drive in Linux?" and last updated on January 26, 2020. I am sure your visit to us must be quite satisfying and in line with your expectations from us. Just in case, it’s not as you expected from us or if you are facing any problem, kindly forward your feedback’s directly to us by leaving a Comment below. And, get assured response from my side. Your feedback’s and suggestions are extremely valuable to us. This Post is written by Harman Singh Hira. There is not any source, if any, then already mentioned so Copying or using this post’s content for your own site is not allowed. If anyone do so, get ready for facing DMCA. Please, if you like this post then share on your social networking sites. Assuring you of our best service always.