Table of Contents
This is tutorial that how to Install TWRP Recovery in Android Devices? An essential tool for anybody that loves to modify their Android device is a good custom recovery. TWRP has been around since the invention of the wheel back in 1996 and has been providing modders with all kinds of great tools. If you’re wondering how to get TWRP on your device this guide should help you with that. I’ll also go over all of the basic functions of the recovery and what they can be used for.
- NANDroid Backup – Perform full system backups to hold onto just in case you screw something up on your phone. It’s always a good idea to backup before you flash any kind of ROM.
- Restoring an Existing Backup – If you flash a ROM that you don’t like, or you’re experiencing some kind of bug in your software, restore from a known good backup.
- Flash ZIP Files – If you’re installing a mod, flashing Gapps, or flashing a ROM, you’ll need the ability to flash ZIP files through your recovery.
- Factory Reset – Sometimes you get stuck and you’re not able to boot into the Android OS. When this happens, you can try to boot into TWRP and perform a factory reset.
- Fix Permissions – When you’re flashing ROMs, sometimes your system can forget which permissions were granted to different apps. Fixing permissions will set everything back to the way you had them.
Warning: Changing device’s default establishment may damaged your device permanently. The steps I mentioned below isn’t personally tested by me so you have to do it on your own risk. But, if you successfully install TWRP in your Android device according to below steps then please comment down below to tell other readers as well.
- You Android phone must be rooted. (How to Root?)
- Download TWRP according to your device (If your device isn’t listed then you can’t proceed)
- Install TWRP Manager app from Play Store (For Method #1)
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers in PC (For Method #2)
- A Computer and USB Cable (For Method #2)
Method #1: Install VIA TWRP Manager [Root]
TWRP Manager is a root application that will allow you to backup, restore and install your recovery. If your device is compatible with this option, then it should be a little bit easier than the previous method. You can download TWRP Manager for free from Google Play Store. If you have downloaded TWRP .img file in your computer then transfer it to your Android device.
Method #2: Install TWRP via ADB Installer [Without Root]
This is a bit difficult process to install TWRP in Android device than method #1. But, I have provided detailed steps to perform this method.
Enable USB Debugging
To enable USB debugging:
#1: Navigate to Settings of your Android Device
#2: Scroll down to the bottom and tap “About phone” or “About tablet”
#3: Scroll down to the bottom of the menu and locate the “Build Number” field
#4: Tap the Build number field seven times to enable Developer Options
#5: When you are done, you’ll see the message “You are now a developer!“.
#6: Tap the Back button and you’ll see the Developer options menu Settings screen.
#7: In the Developer options, tap the USB Debugging checkbox.
Install TWRP Recovery
#1: I hope that you have downloaded TWRP .img file until now, if don’t then download now.
#2: Open the folder where your TWRP Recovery .img file is saved.
#3: Then open a CMD window inside that folder. To do that, Shift + Right click on any empty white space inside the folder and then select Open command window here or Open PowerShell window here.
#4: Connect your Android device to the PC. Type the following into the command window to boot your device into bootloader/fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
If your device asks for permission to “Allow USB debugging”, tap OK.
#5: Once your device boots into bootloader mode, type this into the command line.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img
Here modify twrp.img with the name of your TWRP recovery .img file.
#6: Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device.
Please Like, Share and Comment your valuable thoughts.
Thanks for patronizing Ultimate Tech. This post is about, “[ut_pt]”. I am sure your visit to us must be quite satisfying and in line with your expectations from us. Just in case, it’s not as you expected from us or if you are facing any problem, kindly forward your feedback’s directly to us by leaving a Comment below. And, get assured response from my side. Your feedback’s and suggestions are extremely valuable to us. This Post is written by the team of Ultimate Tech. There is not any source, if any, then already mentioned so Copying or using this post’s content for your own site is not allowed. If anyone do so, get ready for facing DMCA. Please, if you like this post then share on your social networking sites. Assuring you of our best service always.