Table of Contents
Everyone don’t have a dslr camera,or they cant afford phones having portrait mode that give blur effect. But in this post I will tell you how to get pixel 2 portrait mode on any android device running on android oreo. You have noticed that Google pixel 2 having only one camera gives you far better portrait mode than any other device having dual camera. Recently a developer from XDA Forum does something like that only. They make a google camera mod apk file that will work for oero devices and gives you a very good potrait mode.
The App is still in development phase so expect a better performance & compatibility in coming future. This APP works best if your device has Qualcomm processors launched in 2017 with Android Oreo & ROOT access for best results.
- Device must be running on android Oreo 64 Bit version.
- Your Android version should be stable.
- Your Android Device must be Rooted for Scenario #1. (How to Root?)
- Install Manual Camera Compatibility App from Google Play Store
Get Pixel 2 Portrait Mode on Android Oreo
Open up Manual Camera Compatibility app on your Android device and check your device compatibility. Now there will be two scenarios according to device model. If all options turn green then you can skip to Scenario #2. Or, if there is any one or more red dot then you need to follow instructions available in Scenario #1.
You need to Enable Camera2api in your Android device. You need to follow the instructions available in this guide.
Download the below files according to your Android device’s model and requirements. The requirement may vary according to your device.
- For All Android Oreo User: Google Camera Mod
- For Moto G5 Plus,Samsung Galaxy S7, S8, and Note 8 (Exynos): Google Camera Mod
1. Install the Google Camera Mod and open it up.
2. Look for Portrait Mode feature.
3. If you can’t find the portrait mode option, then go to Settings and Enable Portrait Mode.
4. You can customise settings according to your preference, but below are the few recommended preferences.
- Config Camera HDR+ : Nexus 6
- Model : Pixel 2XL/Nexus 6P
- HDR+ parameters : default
5. That’s it, now you can use and see the how good the portrait mode works.
Please Like, Share and Comment your valuable thoughts 🙂
Thanks for patronizing Ultimate Tech. This post is about, "How to Get Pixel 2 Portrait Mode on Android Oreo?" and last updated on February 10, 2018. I am sure your visit to us must be quite satisfying and in line with your expectations from us. Just in case, it’s not as you expected from us or if you are facing any problem, kindly forward your feedback’s directly to us by leaving a Comment below. And, get assured response from my side. Your feedback’s and suggestions are extremely valuable to us. This Post is written by Divye Agarwal. There is not any source, if any, then already mentioned so Copying or using this post’s content for your own site is not allowed. If anyone do so, get ready for facing DMCA. Please, if you like this post then share on your social networking sites. Assuring you of our best service always.